- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 packet of Mexican taco seasoning
- Your favorite taco garnishes: tortilla skins/shells, cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocados, cilantro, beans, rice
This is one of my all-time favorites, and I’m going to let you in on a secret here: you will not find an easier recipe on the Internet than this one – period. I’m serious!
All you have to do is toss the chicken in the slow cooker with a packet of seasoning and let the slow cooker do it’s thing all day until you’re home from work. If you somehow find a way to mess that up, I give you some serious props…
- Place chicken in slow cooker and cover evenly with half of the taco seasoning packet.
- Put the lid on, set the slow cooker temperature to low and set the timer for 6 hours. (Hey- if you need a slow cooker, mine is a beast and very affordable: 6-Quart Crock Pot ($44 on Amazon).
3. After 6 hours: drain excess liquid, add the rest of the taco seasoning packet, and shred chicken with forks inside the crock pot.
4. Serve with your favorite taco garnishes.